Friday, March 25, 2011

Quark

No, not the atomic particle, the cheese.
Purchased from the one and only  - COSTCO
The label calls it a replacement for cream cheese, but I think that it tastes more like a thick sour cream.
It comes in many fat percentages, costco only carried 95% fat free (aka 5% fat).

I wish it had more bone-building calcium, but it otherwise has great stats.

 Spread on whole wheat toast with these juicy peaches for a great breakfast!



After a few bites, I added some cinnamon, which finished it perfectly!
 Check back later this week for a homemade quark recipe!

Have you ever made homemade yogurt or cheese yourself?
Answer in the comments section!

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried to make homemade yogurt before. I have tried to make Greek Yogurt though. I can't wait for your recipe! :)

    xoxox
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete